Person Centred Dementia Care: University Recognised Course
Skills in Dementia Care Matters model.
Recognised by University of Surrey and University of Brighton
Awarded Recognising educational Quality (ReQ) Mark
“This course has been the best training that I have ever done in my 26 years of working with older people.” (course participant)
450 people are studying this course with in the UK and Ireland during 2012.
Duration: 13 days over one year
Cost: £1,495 + VAT (special offer 3 for 2)
Extensive resources comprising 12 modules of supporting tools authored by David Sheard.
- Exploring the ”Feelings Matter Most”™ approach to dementia care.
- Shifting towards a positive culture of care.
- Appraising your service against Dementia Care Matter’s steps.
- Learning how to measure Quality of Life outcomes.
- Applying a person centred philosophy towards staff teams.
- Creating a foundation in relationship centred care.
- Applying the skills within six practice based modules:
- Learning the language of dementia,
- Providing meaningful occupation – “The Butterfly Approach™”
- Fostering well-being
- Interpreting behaviours
- Developing later stage dementia care
- Responding to intimacy needs
Dementia Care Matters Membership FREE for 1 year
Cardiff Course starts with Unit 1: 8 & 9 November 2012
Bristol Course starts with Unit 1: 17 & 18 January 2013
Brighton Course starts with Unit 1: 7 & 8 February 2013
Cork Course starts with Unit 1: 28 February & 1 March 2013
Dublin Course starts with Unit 1: 11 & 12 April 2013
Belfast Course starts with Unit 1: 17 & 18 April 2013
Birmingham Course starts with Unit 1: 7 & 8 May 2013
London Course starts with Unit 1: 14 & 15 May 2013
Booking form click here